src=
Icon
Icon
Icon
Icon
Icon
Icon
Ford Logo
Lincoln Logo
Career Logo
Index
SALES: 800-419-6232
SERVICE: 800-419-6232
2714 Elkhart Road, Goshen, IN  46526
York Toyota
Search Inventory

LINCOLN, FORD VAN SALES UP IN AUGUST; TOTAL U.S. SALES DOWN 8 PERCENT ON LOWER INDUSTRY VOLUMES
by Staff Report


Image
Lincoln sales increase 7 percent in August on gains from new Lincoln MKZ and Lincoln MKX with 9,243 sold; Lincoln retail sales up 10 percent. Ford van sales total 20,355 vehicles for the month – best-ever August sales; Ford Transit sales gained 17 percent, with 11,993 vans sold. Ford F-Series sales down 6 percent, with 66,946 trucks sold; August marks F-Series’ best retail month of the year. Total U.S. company sales of 214,482 vehicles decline 8 percent; retail down 8 percent and fleet down 10 percent

Lincoln sales rose 7 percent in the U.S. in August versus a year ago with 9,243 vehicles sold, while Ford Motor Company vans reached best-ever August sales with 20,355 vehicles sold. Overall U.S. company sales totaled 214,482 vehicles, an 8 percent decline.

Retail sales totaled 168,543 vehicles for the month – an 8 percent decrease. Fleet sales of 45,939 vehicles, including daily rental, commercial and government segments, were down 10 percent.

Lincoln’s retail sales grew 10 percent, thanks to a 55 percent retail increase in Lincoln MKX sales and an 8 percent uptick in MKZ retail sales.

“Strong sales of high-end Lincoln vehicles and Ford SUVs also helped us continue outpacing the industry in average transaction pricing, which increased $1,200 versus a year ago,” said Mark LaNeve, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. “Vans continue to be a bright spot for Ford – a consistent growth story for us this year.”

August’s record van sales were up 13 percent versus a year ago, driven largely by Ford Transit gaining 17 percent, with 11,993 vehicles sold.

Total truck sales were down 2 percent, with 88,372 vehicles sold. Ford F-Series sales of 66,946 trucks mark a 6 percent decline – and F-Series’ best retail month of the year.
Image
Image
Image
View ArticlesSave ThisPrint ThisTell A Friend